From Han Wiki
- Professional advisers actively managing investments on behalf of others at a fee.
- First launched as Vanguard Group in 1976 by John C. Bogle, who believed that it was more important to stay invested. He created a fund that tracked S&P 500 (aka Vanguard 500 (VFINX)).
Exchange-traded Fund (ETF)
- Same goal as index fund: to provide investors with a benchmark return at minimal cost. Difference is that it costs more to trade index funds while ETF is often traded commission-free.
- Best to use the largest, most widely traded ETFs.
- VanEck Vectors Vietnam ETF (VNM) -- companies in Vietnam, or at least 50% in Vietnam
- Guggenheim Frontier Markets ETF (FRN) - 9% in Vietnam
- Columbia Beyond BRICs ETF (BBRC) - 6% exposure to Vietnam
- iShares MSCI Frontier 100 (FM) - 3.63% exposure to Vietnam